We love Christmas crafting and workshops, but we find December is such a crazy time of year and many people do miss out with multiple commitments going on. We have a solution! Join us for our ‘Christmas in July Craft Retreat’.
A very special weekend of making Christmas DIY projects, keeping cosy inside the beautiful New York style Lightrdrop Studios, eating delicious meals, humming to Christmas carols and enjoying the magic that happens when surrounding ourselves with kindred, creative spirits.
A time to celebrate making and connection. It will be so much fun AND you’ll be super organised for Christmas this year! We seriously cannot wait and would love you to join us.
Saturday 29th July 9.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday 29th July 5.00pm - 6.00pm Christmas Drinks & Canapés
Sunday 30th July 9.00am - 5.00pm
Location: Lightdrop Studios
Level 2/10 Elizabeth Street Kensington, Victoria 3031
Lightdrop Studios is situated in the creative hub of the Young Husband Woolstore Complex, Kensington.
5 minute walk from Kensington train station
Free all-day street parking
Kensington is just 4kms from Melbourne’s CBD. If you live outside Melbourne, we recommend looking at Airbnb for accommodation close to Kensington, or checkout trivago.com.au for accommodation in the city.
If you live in Melbourne you may want to treat the whole weekend as a getaway and book accommodation in the city or close to Kensington too!
The retreat will not be formal workshop classes, rather a studio space to create, get projects done and share ideas. Over the two days you will make a variety of projects for Christmas wrapping, decorating and gifting. Instructions, tips and inspiration will be supplied for all projects. There will also be a crew of crafty helpers available to lend a helping hand.
SATURDAY 29th July:
• Design and carve your own rubber stamps
• Block Printing with your stamps. Design and create your own Christmas wrapping paper, gift tags, cards, gift boxes, stationery, cotton bags etc
SUNDAY 30th July:
Choose two of the following projects:
• DIY printed linen napkins (set of 6). You can choose to print the napkins with your carved stamps or hand paint or stencil designs onto the napkins.
• Handmade polymer clay objects (eg: Christmas ornaments, jewellery or pinch pots)
• Christmas Advent Calendar (huge selection of supplies to use - bags, boxes, stickers, envelopes, decorative tape, stamping etc)
• Christmas Bon Bons - so much more fun than shop bought ones!
SATURDAY + SUNDAY : $450 per person for the 2 day weekend retreat ($400 for mates rates / if you bring a friend)
SATURDAY ONLY - $250
SUNDAY ONLY - $200
- Classes are limited to 24 places (per day) (16 years and over)
- A minimum of 16 places (per day) is required for the craft retreat to go ahead.
• Yummy Morning tea treats provided by Danie (Christmas themed of course!)
• Lunch, afternoon snacks and drinks for the weekend provided by Firecracker Events
• Christmas bubbles, mulled wine and canapés on Saturday early evening (yesss!)
TOOLS + SUPPLIES
We will supply you with all your craft supplies for your projects over the weekend.
You will take home:
DIY STAMP CARVING KIT
Tools you will need to carve and print your own rubber stamp which are yours to keep.
Speedball Carving Tool (includes x5 cutter sizes)
Speedball Easy Carve rubber block (4x6 inch)
5cm Hard Rubber Brayer
Memento Dew Drop Black Pigment stamp ink
Xacto knife and blades
CHRISTMAS WRAPPING SUPPLIES - designed + handmade by you!
- Handmade wrapping paper
- Handmade Christmas cards, tags + stickers
- Decorated gift boxes
- Custom Stationery
- Decorated cotton drawstring gift bags
CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS + GIFTS - designed + handmade by you!
You have a choice of x2 of the following projects:
- Handprinted linen napkins (set of x6)
- Christmas Advent Calendar
- Christmas Bon Bons
- Polymer clay objects (eg: Christmas ornaments, jewellery, pinch pots)
INSTRUCTION + IDEAS BOOKLET
Christmas in July Craft Retreat booklet - including instructions, ideas and inspiration for your projects.
BLANK MAKES GOODIE BAG
- You will go home with a generous bag of Blank Goods products!